5 Tips to Transform Life via Dreams
1. What is a dream?
A dream in the Bible is also called a vision of the night. We can hear God through our dreams. Book of Jobs 33:15-17 clearly describes one of the purposes of dreams. It is to warn us and stir us away from our corrupt ways and pride. I love the fact that God has graced our lives with nightly visions. Even during our sleeping hours, He still seals His instruction in us while our conscious mind and logic, seasoning, takes a break from daily grinding. His dreams often are to
- answer questions or prayers,
- warn us of unexpected danger during our waking times,
- answer a call or cry in our heart for deep intimacy with Him, or to
- encourage us with what’s to come.
2. Who can interpret dreams?
I often dream. My journey of hearing God through dreams started in 2015 while we lived in Hong Kong. On my journey of hearing God and pursuing intimacy with God, the dream has been one of the key vehicles to understand God’s will for my life. Today, I am sharing from Bible verses of Acts 2:17 (NKJV), ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. My understanding of this verse is that the spirit of God pours out to all humankind. But only sons and daughters’ prophesy. Sons and daughters are the ones who have a father and have a relationship with the Father God. All people have dreams and visions -men or women, you and old, all social status or ethnic background. But not all people can understand or interpret it, so it brings life transformation. Sons and daughters can hear God and interpret dreams with the spirit of God and provide solutions to the problems the others have, just like Joseph. He could interpret dreams, give answers to Pharaoh, and eventually save Israel’s nation.
3. How to interpret dreams?
We are sons and daughters who believe in God and have the spirit of God to help us understand and interpret dreams and provide solutions in our daily lives and our community. Some other benefits of understanding your dreams include,
- Biblical dream interpretation can be an end-time evangelical and harvest tool.
- Dream culture strengthens the family relationships
- Dreams help to cultivate an intimate relationship with God
- Dreams can be guiding posts to your purpose in life
- Dreams help us to avert danger ahead
- Dreams can encourage us with what is to come
In 2019 January, I was seeking God for clarity and direction. I had a dream about being part of a writing class. I knew that it was time to write the book that I had always wanted to write. One and a half years later, I published my first book – The Lens of Love.
4. What are the steps in understanding your dreams?
- Record: Write it down.
- Pray: Seek God for understanding as the interpretation belongs to the Lord.
- Watch: pay attention to your emotions in the dream and upon waking. Study and research the key elements in the dream as a dream is often symbolic, like parables in the Bible. Remember that God speaks your language.
- Share: Share your dream with family and close friends and ask their perspectives.
- Interpret: Interpret your dreams
- Put it away and come back to it in a few days.
You can find more details in this Video Mini-Course.
His love towards us is shown in our night dreams. Here are some simple steps to take to receive God’s love letter at night times:
5. What is your response when you have a dream and interpretation from God?
My response has been ‘light’ or maybe even ‘indifferent.’ Daniel in the Bible had a more severe response towards the dream and interpretation that he received. Daniel blessed the God of heaven when God gave him a dream about King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream. The background of this story was that King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream, and he could not remember it upon waking. However, he was troubled by the dream and could not sleep. He summoned all the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers. None of them could help the king with his dream. Daniel prayed to God and went to sleep. God showed him the king’s dream in his sleep. Also, He gave Daniel the interpretation. The response of Daniel was: bless God, praise God, and thank God (Daniel 2:20-23)
- 20 Daniel said, “May the name of God be blessed forever and ever, For wisdom and power belong to Him.
- 21 It is He who changes the times and the periods; He removes kings and appoints kings; He gives wisdom to wise men, And knowledge to people of understanding.
- 22 It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, And the light dwells with Him.
- 23 To You, God of my fathers, I give thanks, and praise, For You have given me wisdom and power; Even now You have made known to me what we requested of You, For You have made known to us the king’s matter.”
The outcome was that king Nebuchadnezzar bowed to God and proclaimed, “Your God truly is a God of gods and a Lord of kings and a revealer of secrets since you have been able to reveal this secret.” (Daniel 2:47) Dreams and interpretations from the spirit of God can bring people to God. He is God of all gods, Lord of kings, and revealer of secrets. Would you join me in blessing God, thanking God, and praising Him for giving us dreams and the interpretation of dreams? I pray that we become vessels to bring people to God through dreams.
You are looking for more tips to interpret your dreams that will truly help you understand God’s wisdom for your daily life? Book a 1:1 coaching session.