Book Club is a great forum to promote your book and make meaningful impact on the readers.
- Pick a book that you love and a book that has helped you and you believe that this book can also help others.
- Find book club members. People love to grow together in a community where they have support for each other.
- Set some club guidelines to avoid distractions. Some guidelines include,
- Come with a humble attitude of learning.
- Believe that everyone has something to give.
- Leave Q&A to the end and do not let the unrelative questions hijack the focus of each session of book club.
- Assign the chapter reading ahead of time and everyone come prepared to give and to receive.
- Pray for each other.
Brainstorm discussion questions.
What was your favorite part of the book?
What was your least favorite?
Which chapter or story has stuck with you the most?
What did you think of the writing? Are there any standout sentences?
What changes did you make in your life as a result of reading this book?
Who else could benefit from reading this book?
What are some questions that you would like to ask the author?
- Set up logistics:
- Where are you going to meet? The physical location or online?
- When is the best time to meet?
- Solicit Feedbacks:
- Ask for feedback (both positive and area of improvement) for the person who is leading the book club
- Ask for the feedback (both positive and area of improvement) on the book and Author