I often dream. My journey of hearing God through dreams started in 2015 while we lived in Hong Kong. On my journey of hearing God and pursue intimacy with God, the dream has been one of the key vehicles to understand God’s will for my life.
Today, I am sharing from Bible verses of Acts 2:17 (NKJV)
‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
My understanding of this verse is that the spirit of God pours out to all mankind. But only sons and daughters’ prophesy. Sons and daughters are the ones who have a father and have a relationship with the Father God. All people have dreams and visions -men or women, you and old, all social status or ethnic background. But not all people can understand or interpret it so that it brings life transformation. Sons and daughters can hear God and interpret dreams with the spirit of God and provide solutions to the problems the others have, just like Joseph. He could interpret dreams and provide solutions to Pharaoh, and eventually saved the nation of Israel. Dream Interpretation is a gift of prophecy. We are sons and daughters who believe in God and who have the spirit of God to help us to understand and interpret dreams and provide solutions in our daily lives and our community.
Some other benefits of understanding your dreams include,
- Biblical dream interpretation can be an end time evangelical and harvest tool
- Dream culture strengthens the family relationships
- Dream helps to cultivate an intimate relationship with God
- Dreams can be guiding posts to your purpose in life
- Dreams help us to avert danger ahead
- Dreams can encourage us with what is to come
In 2019 January, I was seeking God for clarity and direction. I had a dream about being part of a writing class. I knew that it was time for me to write the book that I had always wanted to write. One and a half years later, I published my first book – The Lens of Love.
What are the steps in understanding your dreams?
- Record: Write it down.
- Pray: Seek God for understanding as it is said that the interpretation belongs to the Lord.
- Watch: pay attention to your emotions in the dream and upon waking. Study and research the key elements in the dream as a dream is often symbolic like parables in the Bible. Remember that God speaks your language.
- Share: Share your dream with family and close friends and ask for their perspective.
- Interpret: Interpret your dreams.
- Put it away and come back to it in few days.
You can find more information in this Free Video Mini-Course.