Powerful Prayer to Break Off Depression
The definition of depression from the “healthline.com” is “Depression is classified as a mood disorder. It may be described as feelings of sadness, loss, or anger that interfere with a person’s everyday activities.”
Depression symptoms from “psychiatry.org” vary from mild to severe and can include:
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood.
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed.
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting.
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much.
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue.
- Increase in purposeless physical activity.
- Feeling worthless or guilty.
Difficulty thinking, concentrating, or making decisions.
Thoughts of death or suicide.
Children of God can experience depression. King David certainly experienced, and his symptoms of depression are recorded in many Psalms. I myself also experience the sense of hopelessness that causes me to give up sometimes. I have learned to discern ‘depression’ and quickly break it off before letting it run my life.
In Psalm 143:7-8, King David described ‘depression’ with these symptoms:
- Our prayers have not been answered.
- The flame of hope is nearly out.
- God seems to be so far away.
- God seems to be not caring.
- We may feel like sliding into the pit of hell (hopelessness).
Thank God King David did not stay in depression. He continues to put his trust in God. He made a petition to hear God’s lovingkindness and to walk in God’s ways. That could mean that he did not hear God’s lovingkindness and did not walk in God’s ways before or in the midst of depression.
Please pray this with me: Lord, I recognize hopelessness (or sadness, worthlessness, or death) in my life. I break all agreements or partnerships with ‘depression’ (the spirit of heaviness, death, guilt, etc). I choose to trust you. Lord, I ask you to reveal the voices that I am hearing that do not speak your loving kindness so I can turn away from it. Lord, reveal to me if my ways are not aligned with yours, so I will turn back to your ways. Lord, I ask you to reveal who I am in Christ. As I lift my soul to you, I will hear your lovingkindness in the morning.
#emotionalhealth #depressionawareness #depressionhelp #HealingPrayers #healingjourney #mentalhealth #mentalhealthcoach #hopearise #soulhealing #trustgod #Godissogood