How did fear enter our lives?
The Bible verse 2 Timothy 1:7 says that “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” But our lives are plagued with fear. Why is that?
Southeast Asia Prayer Center (SEAPC.org) recently published a blog by me, and it was an excerpt from my book, the Lens of Love. It recorded the fear of evil spirits that I had. Because of ancestral worship and superstitions from my family background, I had this unusual fear of the evil spirit and what it could do to me. My husband and I answered a call to medical mission to Tibet. We visited a Tibetan Buddhist temple in Phoenix with a group of friends to prepare. It was a place that I would not want to go because I could be slammed by the evil spirit from the Buddhist temple. I also did a lot of research on gods or demons inside of the temple. I heard this voice inside me: look how much attention you have given me. My heart leaped. What? That voice brought fear. That was the first time that I heard the voice of a demon so clearly.
From my experience, occult, witchcraft, or belief in supernatural power outside of God brings fear. Many times, people learn fear from the family. Like physical DNA that can pass from one generation to another, fear is like spiritual DNA can pass through generational lines until we take the authority to break it.
Genesis 3:7-12 is about the fall of the man. This chapter gives us a lot of insight into how fear enters our lives.
- Rightful position: Fear comes when men willingly subject themselves to the enemy (serpent) in the garden of Eden. We voluntarily relinquish the authority and dominion as the sons of God, traded that position to become lower than demons.
- Identity: Fear enters when we forget who we are, just like Adam and Eve. They were made in the image of God, and they have authority and dominion, yet they subject themselves to a snake.
- Disobedience and sins: When men disobey God and sin against God, others, fear comes.
How do we overcome fear?
There are 7 keys to overcome fear.
- Face the fear and take action. My coach asked me to do a Facebook live once a week. Two weeks passed by; I could not take the courage to do it. Finally, I did. I heard this voice inside of me: who do you think you are? There are so many anointed, gifted, and talented people out there. Who will watch your video or listen to you? This voice still comes strong and clear after my second Facebook live. After the 3rd Facebook live, I no longer hear this voice inside of me. Once we mustered little courage to do it, the voice of fear started to face away. Therefore, taking actions despite fear helps us to overcome fear.
- Know our authority in Christ with the Attack Lambs by Mark Geppert.
- Repent from occult, witchcraft, idolatry, ungodly generational and family patterns of fear, transgression, and sins.
- Break all agreement with fear (fear of men, fear of death, fear of failure, fear of evil spirit or fear of demons, fear of rejection, fear of the unknown, fear of being poor, fear of pain, etc.)
- Start a dialog with God when we hear voices – ask God, is this from you or not. The voice of the enemy brings fear, intimidation, control, manipulation. The voice of God brings hope, peace, love. We can reject the voice of the enemy.
- Pray and ask for great revelation of God’s love in our lives because perfect love cast out fear. May we align with God, and the fear of God dispels all other fear.
- Meditate on God’s words on our authority, identity, and rightful position until it brings revelation.
I love the teaching of Attack Lambs because we have confidence – demons or evil spirit subject to us (believers) when we subject ourselves to God. It can be a reality today, not just when we get to heaven.
The believer’s authority is summarized in Luke 10: 17-19, Now the seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name!” And He said to them, “I watched Satan fall from heaven like lightning. Behold, I have given you authority to walk on snakes and scorpions, and authority over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.
God has equipped us to overcome fear with authority, His love, and a mind of Christ just like 2 Timothy 1:7.
The Bible verse 2 Timothy 1:7, says that “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” #healingcoach #overcomefear #healingwounds #emotionalhealth #emotionalhealthcoach #GodsChild #godspromise
May this bless you. For more posts like this, check out my website: www.weiweichang.com.
Hear | Heal | Dream | Influence Into Fulfillment