How do we hold on to an unshakable kingdom?
I was once completely shaken. I felt that I lost everything, my pride, my reputation, my worth, my identity. My journey of shaking and victory is recorded in my book, The Lens of Love.
Merriam-Webster’s definition of shaking is aflutter, anxious, dithery, edgy, het up, hung up, jittery, jumpy, nervous, perturbed, shaky, tense, and troubled uneasy, upset, uptight, worried.
Shakable means no secure foundation, fearful, unknown, uncertain, double-minded, faith only in seen, faithless in unseen, hopeless, powerless,
In the Bible, these are unshakable: His Kingdom (Hebrews 12:28), His word (Matthew 24:35), and righteous (psalm 55:22).
Kingdom in Hebrew (basileia in Hebrew) means kingship, sovereignty, authority, rule, especially of God, both in the world and in the hearts of men.
I don’t know about you. I have been praying for God’s rightness to be established in this land. That our nation returns to the be a nation under God. There has been much exposure, shaking. It seems that our waiting has not come to an end. More prayers and more waiting. I felt that Lord is saying that the waiting is over when we recognize that God alone is our salvation. King David says that my soul waits in silence, from Him comes to my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken (psalm 62:1-3).
One bible verse speaks of an unshakable kingdom: Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let’s show gratitude, by which we may offer God an acceptable service with reverence and awe (Hebrews 12:28).
I love the message translation of Hebrews 12:8 MSG: Do you see what we’ve got? An unshakable kingdom! And do you see how thankful we must be? Not only thankful but brimming with worship, deeply reverent before God. For God is not an indifferent bystander. He’s actively cleaning the house, torching all that needs to burn, and he won’t quit until it’s all cleansed. God himself is Fire!
I’m reminded of the picture of Daniel (3:8-30), and his friends were thrown into the fire, and Jesus was in the fire with them. The blazing fire in the furnace did not harm them.
If you are in the midst of shaking or witness the world around us with shaking, remember:
- In the fire and shaking, Jesus is with us.
- Thank God that His kingdom is not moved by human schemes and ways, although the kingdoms in the world are tossed and from by the hands of men.
- We worship God with great reverence that He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords, and His righteousness is prevailing amid exposing and cleansing of unrighteousness from our land and the hearts of men.
- People in the world will recognize that there is no other god who can rescue like this.
- Stay firm with our reverence (worship, devotion) to God. We walk out of the shaking with promotion, just like Daniel and his friends.